The Process – Sleep Apnea Treatment
Dental Sleep Medicine in Belpre, OH
- Call 740-423-5551 to schedule a screening in our office with Dr. Stephen A. Huffman.
- If the screening indicates you are at risk for Obstructive Sleep Apnea, we will arrange for a Sleep Test and send you home with a sleep monitor.
- Sleep comfortably at home while the device monitors your sleep.
- Return the monitor to our office. We download the test results and send them to a board-certified Sleep Physician for final review and diagnosis.
Already Diagnosed? Start Here:
- Dr. Huffman receives your diagnosis and collaborates with your physician to determine if an oral appliance is the best treatment for you. Not all patients qualify for Oral Appliance Therapy.
- Go over your diagnosis with Dr. Huffman. He will help you choose the best treatment option for you. At this time, he will also address any issues you may have with Sleep Bruxism (tooth grinding).
- Some patients are eligible to use medical insurance to help cover the cost of the treatment. We will check your benefits before the fabrication of your oral appliance.
- Impressions and measurements are taken. The fabrication process for your oral appliance is begun.
- Begin wearing your oral appliance for Sleep Apnea. After 2 weeks of wear, Dr. Huffman will check with you for the comfort of your oral appliance and your sleep quality.
- After about one month of wearing your oral appliance, you will do another at-home Sleep Test to verify your appliance is working properly and you are getting a better night of sleep.
Nearly 1 in 5 has mild Obstructive Sleep Apnea
1 in 15 has moderate to severe OSA
*Estimated for American Adults
Learn more about Sleep Apnea:
Sleep Apnea Overview
Sleep Apnea Oral Appliances
Already Diagnosed Sleep Apnea
Insurance & Financing