Brotox in Belpre, OH
What is Brotox?
Brotox is simply Botox® for men. Long past are the days when only women enjoy the benefits of Botox® and fillers. The number of men seeking Botox® to improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the face and neck is rapidly increasing. According to the International Association for Physicians in Aesthetic Medicine, since 2000 male Botox® has increased by 337 percent!
Botox® (or botulinum toxin A) is commonly thought of as the go-to treatment for wrinkles, smile lines, and other facial cosmetic concerns. Botox® is a purified protein that, when injected, attaches to a patient’s nerve endings to inhibit nerve transmission. Injection weakens or temporarily stops the facial motions beneath the injection sites by inhibiting muscle activity.
Effects of Botox® can be cosmetic and therapeutic!
What is therapeutic or dental Botox®?
Dental Botox® can alleviate pain from migraines, headaches, teeth grinding, and TMJ issues. You can even slow down the wear of your teeth (due to Bruxism)! Therapeutic treatment is a common need with Dr. Huffman’s Brotox patients.
Is it safe to get Botox® from my dentist?
Botox® in dentistry is safe when performed by a dentist specially trained in Botox® injections. Dr. Huffman is highly trained in Botox®, Xeomin®, and JUVÉDERM® by the American Academy of Facial Esthetics. As a dentist, Dr. Huffman has also had extensive training on and is extremely familiar with head and neck anatomy. Dr. Huffman has experience treating both men and women with Botox®. This knowledge and background are important for safe, effective injections and subtle, masculine results.
Is Botox® as effective for men as it is for women?
The simple answer is yes! Not only is Botox a very effective treatment for wrinkles and lines, but it is also quick. Sessions typically take less than 30 minutes.
Because men’s facial muscles are stronger than women’s, men often require more units of Botox®. Keep in mind that the number of units you’ll require will depend on the areas you would like treated and will require an assessment by Dr. Stephen A. Huffman. Generally, men usually require about 1.5 to 2 times the amount of Botox® than women.
What are common Brotox treatment areas by Dr. Huffman?
- Migraine headaches –Block migraines from returning for months at a time, especially if your migraines are caused by the common culprit – muscle hyperactivity.
- Teeth grinding and clenching (bruxism) –Relax facial muscles to prevent grinding, clenching, and the associated tooth-wear and/or pain.
- TMJ (temporomandibular joint) pain – Reduce muscle hyperactivity and stress that cause face and jaw pain.
- Forehead Lines- Diminish the appearance of forehead lines.
- Frown Lines– Relax lines caused by frowning.
- Glabellar Lines– Smooth the vertical lines between eyebrows (the 11’s).
- Eyebrow Lift- Relax the muscles that pull the brow line down.
- Crow’s Feet- Relax lines caused by frowning.
- Under Eye Lines- Reduce tiny lines under the eyes.
- And much more!
Expert Botox® Dentist
Dr. Huffman is always happy to help determine if Botox® is right for you. Enjoy the convenience of finding high-quality dental care with your Botox®. Let us improve your confidence and expertly refresh your appearance.